Day 1 – May 19, 9:00am-10:00am
SPARK: Act like an Employee and Think like a CEO
Simon Bailey, author of Be the SPARK: Five Platinum Service Principles for Creating Customers for Life, provides a keynote on a fresh way of thinking in 2020 and beyond. As CEO (Chief Execution Officer) of your life, you’re intentionally accountable to having a fluid career vision, high performance behaviors, positive habits, and consistent execution. You have the uncanny ability to produce uncommon results in uncommon times.
Men and Women with SPARK understand that a paycheck is given to people who show up, and opportunities are given to those who think and work beyond what they are paid to do. Are you that person that the organization cannot live without?
Team Members with SPARK are transformational thinkers that positively impact everyone else around them by raising the vibrational level to produce tangible results. When everyone else is saying NO! Team members with SPARK find a way to say YES!
Men and Women with SPARK are leaders without titles who leverage relationship capital to do what is common in an uncommon way.
Men and Women with SPARK stop waiting for human resources to assign a new role and pivot from a job description to doing meaningful tasks.
Men and Women with SPARK fire themselves from their jobs and re-hire themselves as “intrapreneurs” intending to take their organization to the next level.
While serving as Sales Director at Disney Institute, Simon learned when he sparked moments for those he was serving he also sparked something in himself. He realized that with all of the hours we spend at work, if we are going to revolutionize our lives, we have to leverage the moments we are on the clock. Simon is dedicated to helping others uncover their inner fire and grow it each and every day. In the session, he will teach the mental algorithm to be a SPARK so you can accelerate your results.
- Learn how being an Influencer who understands what’s happening at 30,000 feet and can execute at 500 feet.
- Develop knowledge on what proximity positioning is and how it can be used to help build relationships with the C-Suite.
- Use financial intelligence to lead to rewards.
- Gain an understanding on how to navigate the internal culture to get things done.
Day 2 – May 20, 8:45am-10:00am
Leading Through a Pandemic – A CHRO Panel Discussion
|Clayton Fitzhugh – EVP, CHRO | Thomas Jefferson University & Jefferson Health|
|Charity Hughes – Chief Talent Officer | Mastery Charter Schools|
|Margaret Dinneny – VP, Chief People Officer | WAWA|
|Moderator: Jackie Linton – President, JL HR Solutions|
Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from leading CHROs in the Philadelphia region. During the session we will explore the events over the past year and the impacts on the HR organization including their talent ecosystems. Attendees will hear how the panelists dealt with the challenges within their organization and learn innovative ways they were addressed. Lastly the panelists will discuss their outlook for the future of work in the area.
- Learning from leading CHROs on how they have overcome business challenges associated with the pandemic
- Obtain knowledge on the impact these strategies had on their companies
- Use the knowledge to incorporate strategies in their organizations for the future.
- Understand the implications for HR organizations in the Philadelphia region