Convince Your Boss
Ready to approach your boss about attending the 2018 Philly SHRM Symposium, but need some help showcasing the value?
We know how hard it can be for you to get away from your desk, and to get your company’s support. So let us help you convince your manager or boss.
Get Heard. Get Excited. Get Our Official Manager Toolkit.
Our official manager toolkit has all the advice and resources you will need to influence your boss’s decision making. After they discover what our symposium is all about, they just might want to attend too!
Here are the top 5 reasons to attend:
1. Rub elbows with 450+ Professionals.
Get out of the office and network with hundreds of professionals. This is your chance to step-up your game, join discussions, discover like-minded professionals and create personal connections with industry peers.
2. World-renowned speakers influencing positive results in the workplace.
This year’s keynote speaker, Carey Lohrenz, is the first female F-14 Tomcat Fighter in the U.S. Navy, and her leadership keynote will challenge, inform, and inspire your team to move to higher levels of performance. Founder and CEO of Saxbys, Nick Bayer, will close the symposium by sharing how culture and people can be a differentiating strategy that elevates your company’s future success.
3. Need credits? We will have them!
An important component to our Annual Philly SHRM Symposium is that the conference does offer continuing education credits. Attend the full conference and earn 8 SHRM PDCs and HRCI Credits (Number of credits pending). Take advantage of this great value!
4. Take your development to the next level.
You’ll hear from business leaders, HR practitioners, consultants and academia who will equip you with tools, strategies, and actionable insights that you’ll be able to implement immediately. Spend a day (or two!) with the experts as we explore new ways to engage, learn, and connect.
5. Have fun…WIN PRIZES!
After all, who doesn’t like winning free stuff? Throughout the day, you’ll have a variety of opportunities to mix and mingle with our sponsors in the exhibitor area for your chance to win other great prizes
The Manager Toolkit
Use the following resources to show the benefits of attending the Symposium to your boss. These tools will prove that you are serious and have done your research.
- Sample Manager Letter – customize this letter to your manager to help him/her understand why The Symposium is useful for you to attend.
- Session and Exhibitor Worksheet – customize this worksheet to outline the sessions you will attend, and detail the knowledge you plan to bring back to your department from these sessions.
- Expense Worksheet – fill out this worksheet to estimate the financial investment required for you to attend The Symposium.
The hard part is done! Let your charm and influence skills do the rest. Let us know how it went when we see you at the Philly SHRM Symposium in March!