Convince Your Boss
You already know the power of influence; you experience it every day. It’s so important that we’ve dedicated our Philly SHRM Symposium 2017 to the topic.
But you may have to flex your influencing powers prior to the conference and we’ve provided a step-by-step guide to show you how.
Get Heard. Get Excited.
Get Our Official Manager Toolkit.
Our official manager toolkit has all the advice and resources you will need to influence your boss’s decision making. After they discover what our symposium is all about, they just might want to attend too!
Here are the top 5 reasons to attend:
1. Rub elbows with 450+ Professionals.
Get out of the office and network with hundreds of professionals. This is your chance to step-up your game, join discussions, discover like-minded professionals and create personal connections with industry peers.
2. World-renowned speakers igniting influence in the workplace. This year’s keynote speaker, Dr. Jonah Berger, is an expert on decision making, social influence, word of mouth, and how products, ideas, and behaviors become popular. A New York Times and Wall Street Journal best seller and a professor at the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Berger will deliver a must-see presentation that focuses on the invisible influences that motivate our everyday decisions…..PLUS how you can utilize his findings to get your ideas championed, both personally and professionally. The original Philly Phanatic, David Raymond, will close the symposium with his dynamic and interactive session on how developing serious fun can create a culture that fosters employee engagement, retention and productivity. Both of these highly regarded, local Philly speakers are shaping the way we work.
3. Need credits? We will have them!
An important component to our Annual Philly SHRM Symposium is that the conference does offer continuing education credits. Attend and earn SHRM PDCs and HRCI Credits (Number of credits pending). Take advantage of this great value!
4. Take your development to the next level.
You’ll hear from business leaders, HR practitioners, consultants and academia who will equip you with tools, strategies, and actionable insights that you’ll be able to implement immediately. Spend a day (or two!) with the experts as we explore new ways to engage, learn, and connect.
5. Have fun…WIN PRIZES!
After all, who doesn’t like winning free stuff? Throughout the day, you’ll have a variety of opportunities to mix and mingle with our sponsors in the exhibitor area for your chance to win other great prizes.
The Manager Toolkit
Use the following resources to show the benefits of attending the Symposium to your boss. These tools will prove that you are serious and have done your research.
- Sample Manager Letter – customize this letter to your manager to help him/her understand why The Symposium is useful for you to attend.
- Session and Exhibitor Worksheet – customize this worksheet to outline the sessions you will attend, and detail the knowledge you plan to bring back to your department from these sessions.
- Expense Worksheet – fill out this worksheet to estimate the financial investment required for you to attend The Symposium.
The hard part is done! Let your enthusiasm and influence do the rest. Let us know how it went when we see you at the Philly SHRM Symposium in March!