Approved for 2 SHRM Professional Development Credits, HRCI credits pending
The Employee Life Cycle
Moderator – Raymond Lee, Founder & CEO, Careerminds
According to SHRM the average cost of hire is $4129 with an average overall tenure rate of 18%. With historic lows in unemployment, employers are not only looking to seek, but retain and advance their employees to help defray costs in having to rehire and retain future employees. While employers are continually battling the human capital dilemma, this panel will shed light on new and cutting-edge ways to help companies recruit, hire, advance and retain the best employees through a discussion of the employee life cycle.
Companies need to evaluate and utilize the most effective tools and assessments to insure they are making the best hires to decrease the cost for having to refill positions due to less than positive placements. They will also need to review their culture and employee skill set to work on employee enhancement and advancement to bolster the organization. Lastly companies will need to shore up their succession plans, increase knowledge transfer to retain tacit knowledge, and consider new ways to address late-stage careerists.
This session will focus on three portions of the employee life cycle:
- The recruitment of the top-notch employees to increase employment success.
- Career advancement and promotions to better retain employees and decrease costs that are associated with high-turnover.
- Succession management strategies through internal career management and knowledge transfer.
Take-Aways for all attendees:
- Cutting-edge tools, assessments, and strategies that will help companies with retaining top talent.
- Tips to help employees with their career advancements through certificate programs.
- Impactful programs specifically focused on late stage careerists.